I believe Taco Coin doesn't qualify for the Folks CCC LP contest

I have reason to believe that Taco Coin should be disqualified from the Community Coin LP competition. I have nothing against Taco Coin or Dora’s Tacos, but I believe the token was indeed created with specific utility in mind, related to a planned Taco Truck at the time (3 years ago). Here is a post from around that time from Reddit. I have reason to believe this was the Taco Coin creator themself posting. https://www.reddit.com/r/algorand/comments/pmd02x/created_an_asset_called_tacocoin_based_on_my_food/?share_id=ijX58viXSIqenofzjmCkR&utm_content=1&utm_medium=android_app&utm_name=androidcss&utm_source=share&utm_term=1

1 Like

Also presented as evidence, the timeline according to the “about me” on Dora’s Tacos website: Aboutme | Dora's Tacos
Says that a Food Truck was planned for years, and purchased in Cash in 2020. The token was created in 2021: https://allo.info/asset/329110405/token
In my opinion, that is further evidence to suggest, along with the Reddit post, that Taco Coin was created with specific utility in mind for Dora Tacos Truck. Again I have nothing against Taco Coin or Dora’s Tacos. Other projects were disqualified as well, I’m just wanting the rules to be applied fairly and Impartially.

1 Like

Would like to add that I’m referring to rule #6 as grounds for DQ:

"Token was originally created for recreational and community-building reasons. [I believe the evidence suggests that was not the case]

Giving utility post-launch is acceptable, but the coin should not have been made with utility in-mind. [I believe the evidence suggests the coin was created with specific utility in mind.]

Coins created with the intention of utility are moreso utility/governance tokens."

1 Like

Tacocoin was created as a joke. Show all the evidence you want man. I wrote all that shit.

I sat at a computer and created TacoCoin as a joke to show my friend how easy a shitcoin can be created.

Of course later on I posted that is was created to use as payments and such. However initially it wasn’t created for any purpose at all.

It became that… after i realized this meme/community token had legs and people wanted utility… so i found community members to help build those utilities.

But only after i created it as a joke, meme. I had 0 intention to do anything other than show my friend how to create a token.

Initially my biggest problem was the airdrop of 3k to over 10k wallets

I found someone ive been working with in freckle token dev ever since.

He’s amazing. Now we have a p2p marketplace and much more!

Had I thought TacoCoin would have been integrated into my business plans i would have a smaller supply and decimals. However thats not the case here… Tacocoin has 10 billion tokens and 0 decimals. After $Tacos gained traction Inwas going to relaunch a new token meant for the business so i could have proper decimal places and such… but it proved to be more difficult than i thought to relaunch a new token so I rolled with the one we still have now.

So long story short yes Tacocoin is a utility token now… but it’s intention wasn’t to be but it did become that eventually due to community demand as the team grew amd holders asked what can i do with this $Tacos in my wallet.

Also side note:

I withdrew from this competition because of toxic people like you that have nothing better to do than post all that “evidence”. Dude… get a job, do something Constructive like ove done with TacoCoin the last 3 years!

Like come on man.

2 Likes

I apologize if you feel I’m being “toxic.” I’m simply referring to the updated rules of the contest, and imo applying them fairly and Impartially. Other projects were disqualified for similar reasons, like $NIKO and $CHIPS.

1 Like

Nothing Toxic at all, Taco is a utility coin, its 100% not a meme. i remember it from years ago. and there has been plans always to make it into a utility token said that, no shame in a token with utility like Taco because you can buy tacos with it i remember and feed people.

but again not a meme token

1 Like

Anyone who’s anyone remembers when Taco Coin was just another meme coin—as time goes on, meme coins gain traction, communities ask for staking pools, airdrops, NFTs, and then utility for those NFTs. If a meme coin has nothing to give back after 3 years and keep people active what’s the point. Where do you even draw the line on what qualifies on utility anyways? What if someone provides an airdrop incentive via LP or NFDs, what if that someone isn’t even the creator?

Do the right thing, ignore this finger pointing that only benefits one project—the sole purpose of this is to knock someone off the top 3 either so that they can win or feel better about losing. We saw the same mistakes with AlgoxNFT and they still apologize from time to time.

Btw the project pushing this “Taco Coin should be disqualified” agenda is two weeks old and will probably rug anyways.

Taco Coin deserves to be part of the community coin contest, this thread shouldn’t be entertained.

So do you refute the evidence that the creator of Taco Coin himself admitted to? He posted on Reddit 3 years ago talking about an airdrop of Taco Coin, it says specifically it’s for the Taco Truck business, and specifically talks about utility. You can’t just ignore the rules that Folks put in place, just because of your personal feelings on the project. It’s not a “community coin”… it’s a Utility coin, and it was planned that way since before distribution. I’ve been on Algorand since Taco Coin launched. Yes I chose a relatively new community token project to back, but I wasn’t even aware Folks was continuing the Community Coin Contest so soon until they announced it.

I refute its relevance, the intentions of its presentation, and most importantly the lack of trust in Folks Finance’ ability to discern a community coin from a non-community coin for themselves.

As I said previously, it benefits no one other than the project that would otherwise lose as intended by their current placement in the competition—grasping at straws for an Algo reward at the cost of others.

Folks set the precedent by disqualifying other projects ahead of the competition, even outlined those projects in the announcement, so why does this project not fall within those same guidelines? Personal Bias, that’s why.

1 Like

Imo if Taco Coin gets a free pass, then so should $NIKO and $CHIPS as well as they were disqualified before this new competition even started. Otherwise imo it’s showing favoritism. All I’m saying is-don’t come for me just for pointing out that the rules are not being applied communally!

1 Like

The fact that you would even consider NIKO and CHIPS as meme coins is laughable. They were both created with promised utility.

Taco Coin was also LITERALLY created "with specific utility in mind with that logic, BEFORE the airdrop. Did u even read the Reddit post? This is cognitive dissonance if you’re just going to ignore that. The Taco Coin creator even admitted that was his Reddit post. Thank you for proving my point, I rest my case. Imo it’s all or none. It has nothing to do with Taco Coin specifically. YOUR feelings have to do with Taco Coin, not mine.

1 Like

Taco coin initially started as a meme coin with zero utility and that is fact— a 3-year old Reddit post, 10 transactions worth of food truck exchanges in the span of about 2 years, and a p2p marketplace that is inclusive to all projects does not change that.

If you want to help decide his brand for him go ask him for work

He decided the utility of Taco Coin before the airdrop, that’s the literal point. Just because Taco Coin hasn’t seen “mass adoption” has ZERO bearing on that. Imo you’re trying to play on people’s emotions instead of looking at the facts/evidence objectively. According to the rules, not your personal opinion, that would disqualify Taco Coin.

Taco withdrew the LP because he’d rather not deal with the drama, and Cabal got disqualified :+1:

Everybody wins

Did Ibu make an announcement that Cabal was disqualified? Seems like you made that up. Also it’s old news that the creator of Taco Coin withdrew the same day I made the original post.

https://twitter.com/ibuprod/status/1782464716490584493?t=RosHJOzW0kwx4S6UQAAZjA&s=19